Sayings that are worthy of retention, contemplation, and sharing:
1. Receiving the Gospel from a man makes the receiver twice blessed. For you have kissed your sweet brother with an eternal joy, and you have the assurance of sharing that joy together for eternity.
2. Christ Jesus is first in absolutely everything. He is not some passing fanciful and ecstatic joy during a worship session. He is first and comfort even in the most extreme and horrific circumstances.
3. Rejection of the Gospel does nothing to eternity. You were dead before you heard it, and you remain dead as you reject it. The dead are no loss to the Living God. Pride makes you think you’re something. Frankly, you’re just not that important.
4. A Gospel of extortion is no gospel at all. God does not desire a people who are under duress to serve Him. The Gospel is free of manipulation. It does not demand acceptance. It is a declarative call for free will. As we love Jesus we will obey.
5. God is not isolated from anything. Only the perception of man can isolate one thing from another. The concept of “Object Permanence” is taught in pediatrics. Hide a baby’s fingers and watch his face turn to anxiety.
God owns eternity, for eternity is of God. Equally, God owns this wicked place of testing. For every sin is a distortion of eternity. Just because the hand of God is unseen, doesn’t mean it’s gone
6. Every man knows he lives a lie. Ignoring the truth of Christ Jesus does nothing to fix a lie. Receiving the fullness of the Gospel of Christ, this is the fix.
7. Nostalgia brings no permanent joy. Soon enough, you will be nostalgia for others.
8. Everything in this world points to Christ Jesus. For nothing is created here that was not created by him. And our misuse of his creation does not nullify his signature.
9. Fear is no excuse for remaining ungodly. For Christ did not fear to do the will of His Holy Father in heaven. Fear has to do with unbelief. As if the one who fears, calls the Holy Son a liar. What kind of reception should the fearful receive on that Great Day of Judgement?
10. There is a difference between weakness of flesh and rebellion of soul. God is able to distinguish between the two. The one he will comfort and encourage toward boldness. The other he will dismiss without regret. The wisdom of God among men gives discernment.
11. Death brings an eternal seal to every man; what we had become in life, to that we are sealed forever. It is of the father of lies to speak anything differently.
12. Let the acceptable threshold of Christianity remain elevated. The expectation is godliness. How then shall we set the bar at 0? Not one man but Christ can reach 100%. Yet surely there is a number in between, which we can grasp with an iron grip.
There are hundreds more worthwhile sayings. But these are enough to keep us busy for the remainder of our life.
By His Grace